Highly skilled Services/Project manager with over 15 years of experience developing and executing business support strategies in alignment with corporate objectives.
Experienced leader of multicultural cross-functional teams with emphasis on customer satisfaction and operational improvement. Experienced in total quality management principles that has delivered process improvements that improve customer satisfaction and reduce costs. Certified Project Management Professional with over 15 years of experience in applying project management principles to complex projects. Leader and key contributor in wide-range of projects including business strategy development, software development & introduction, and process development & simplification projects (including Six Sigma and Kaizen-Lean methodologies). Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in English and Hungarian.
Specialties: Experienced implementer of global service contracts, new customer onboarding, process development and change management projects. Seamless and consistent round-the-clock service delivery through multicultural virtual teams in an SSC environment.
Strengths: Building relationship and trust with customers. Process improvement, methodology development. Establishing, integrating and managing multicultural geographically dispersed teams. Key contributor and effective leader in change management activities.
Since October 2014
- As Project Delivery Manager manage the delivery of projects through the complete lifecycle from aspiration through to Operations. This includes ensuring that the project is delivered on time, meets business & technical requirements and is within the agreed budget. Typically, there is a higher degree of complexity and could be part of a work stream in a program of work in the local centre.
• Direct and manage project development from beginning to end
• Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
• Develop full-scale project plans and schedule project timelines and milestones
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
• Review the work plans created, validate schedule, dependencies, and resource utilisation across work plans
• Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders
• Own management of stakeholder expectation alignment gaps and/or gaps in meeting client expectations
• Monitor and control the quality management process, manage expectations, conduct milestone reviews, manage process performance, conduct continuous improvement and causal analysis activities
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations
• As guided, setup governance with the right members to ensure strong governance and escalation points
• Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team - oversee the implementation of corrective actions and review current mitigation and resolution activities
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
• Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
• Manage virtual teams across multiple geographies to deliver the transition within project delivery timelines and on budget
to September 2014
- As an acting General Manager managed back-office support including Finance, HR, IT and Facility Management. Provided day to day support to the Subscription Services team. Responsible for budget management, cost control and daily operational activities such as vendor selection, contract negotiation and liaison with vendors. Dealt with performance and compensation management and career development ensuring proper employee motivation and through that improved customer satisfaction.
to June 2013
- Managed onboarding programs for the managed services customer base of Avaya. Oversaw onboarding activities from SOW sign off till customer hand-over to support. Involved project resources as per program needs. Managed customer communications, process development and escalations. Overall responsibility for the management of multiple customer onboarding activities running parallel. Dealt with customer communication in person, over the phone and email.
Key achievement: Successfully completed onboarding programs for multi-million dollar customer contracts across multiple regions and time-zones.
to June 2012
- Led customer and partner Secure Access Link technical onboarding globally. Directed a multi-location, multicultural team supporting technical onboarding and SAP Customer & Material Master Data management. Managed customer communications, trainings and escalations. Managed technical onboarding operations for modem-based customer connectivity solutions for all non-US regions.
Key achievements: Reengineered internal processes by participating in projects using Six Sigma and Kaizen-Lean methodologies with leveraging work-synergies and eliminating waste. Saved cost while delivered exceptional service by establishing and managing a temp-based team in low-cost geography supporting project-based, specific onboarding needs
to September 2006
- Directed Technical Onboarding activities for the entire EMEA region. Identified human resources needs for specific activities and assured necessary processes, standards, and personnel. Developed, implemented, and enhanced customer onboarding strategies in accordance with other regions. Planned and executed delivery of international projects. Facilitated communications between higher management and regional teams.
Key achievements: Established technical registration service from scratch including process definition, hiring, training, execution and monitoring. Cut service delivery time by 34% through organizing and managing data clean-up projects.
to September 2005
- Promoted to support the development of Automated Alarms Management for all international regions. Coordinated a 7x24 operational multi-location support team insuring the appropriate management of system generated alarms and handling of customer calls during out of normal business hours. Supervised team related human resources processes. Key member of the Business Continuity Management Team.
Key achievements: Implemented and managed out of hours call center operation for the EMEA region. Saved 43% on resource cost by successfully migrating an entire operation into low-cost geography including project planning, hiring and training activities
Asbis Hungary Ltd.
to August 2001
- Hired to manage the set-up and operation of the “one-stop-shop” warehouse in Budapest based on requirements set by corporate leadership. Due to requirements of increasing cross-border sales took over the management of the Hungarian bonded warehouse and cross-border goods shipments. Worked with customs and shipment agencies insuring that both local and international customers received orders in a timely fashion.
- Coordinated international shipments and customs clearance of goods over $7M annual value
- Managed the set-up and operation of a local warehouse with $2M annual turnover
- Managed the roll-out of Exact a company-wide accounting and invoicing software in Hungary
- Cut $150k cost by reclaiming VAT and customs taxes for goods shipped outside of Hungary
- Organized and hosted Intel’s Partner recruitment road-show in six major cities in Hungary
to July 1999
- Responsible for all areas of the business including sales, customer support, channel management, finance, human resource management and legal matters.
- Participated in hiring a team of seven associates
- Negotiated contracts with distributors and managed the set-up of channel operations including market-leading brands such as EPSON, HP, LG, SONY, MAXELL, TEKTRONIX, etc.
- Oversaw financials, managed relationship with bookkeepers, managed cash flow operations
- Developed a channel of 18 permanent partners
- Created paperwork and presentation for purchasing tenders
to August 1996
- Responsible for all areas of the business including sales, customer support, cash-flow management and accounting.
- Established a customer base of 8 permanent support contracts with different kind of businesses such as a law-firm and high school
- Provided 7x24 on-site customer support for business-critical IT-related activities with tight SLA
Talent selection - established highly-motivated teams from scratch including local and remote talent selection and hiring
Goal setting - defined work activities with appropriate SLAs and KPIs, trained resources and motivated them to achieve critical business results
Multi-cultural awareness - managed a team of 30+ associates at 8 locations in 5 different time-zones
Easily establish good rapport with customers
Managed numerous customer escalations on a daily basis
Particpated in a 7x24 management duty schedule providing customer management support during out of normal business hours
Keeps commitments made to management and customers
Trains customers on processes to improve customer satisfaction and reduce unnecessary escalations
Can create project charter involving appropriate stakeholders
Can create detailed project plan
Can execute project plan keeping time, cost, resource constraints under control while minimizing risks
Effectively communicates project status to all stakeholders
Identify problems and works out feasible solutions, presents solutions to decision makers
Makes all efforts to operationalize the solution in accordance with all stakeholders (somethimes conflicting) interests
Defines clear goals in line with organizational objectives
Communicates goals effectively on all management levels
IT Service Management
Buckinghamshire New University
to June 2010
Business Administration and Management, General
Project Management Professional Certificate
cert. no.: 1514747
Kandó Kálmán Technical Colleage
to June 1991